It is interesting to note that in today's technology advanced world today, many things and events impossible to be accomplish in the past are now possible. The internet is changing the way we communicate. Now, internet has even brought business to a higher level where people shop online! I wonder whats next?

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Reflections on Seminar 2

The last session was a mind opener to mi. The emphasis of the last seminar is on the technical area of the website. For instance, we learnt terms like TCP/IP, LAN and differences between HTML and XML.
I have worked as a technical officer in Starhub before. Hence terms like TCP/IP are not greek to me. However, during my stay is Starhub, I have only learnt to master how to configure the IP address to connect to Starhub network. I did not manage to understand the true meanings for these terms and how they exactly work. Therefore, I feel that after last session, I have a clearer idea of the meaning of the terms, how they work and how I can manipulate them.
In addition, the last session was the first online session we had. When the tutor asked us to come up with a HTML script of the group member names, I was daunted. I realized that I had a big problem. I have no idea how to get started. Luckily, one of my group mate, Eileen is quite well versed with HTML. That assignment to her is still manageable. Her proficiency with HTML urges me to read more so that in future, I can also come up with my own HTML script.

1 Comments:

Blogger cellprof said...

ONe of the design objectives of the course is learning by doing, which includes cooperation. So you are on the right track! Look forward to your next blogs.

January 24, 2005 at 4:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home