It is interesting to note that in today's technology advanced world today, many things and events impossible to be accomplish in the past are now possible. The internet is changing the way we communicate. Now, internet has even brought business to a higher level where people shop online! I wonder whats next?

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Article review for seminar 5

What is the basis for your self confidence?
http://www.work911.com/cgi-bin/links/jump.cgi?ID=5240

There is a Chinese saying that “failure is the mother of success”. Of course, that is a literal translation. However, the point that I am trying to emphasis is that no one succeeds in the first trial. Often the final victory comes after times and times of failure. The exact same point I am emphasizing is the exact morale that the article is trying to convey to its readers.
The man in the story is indeed inspirational. His faith in himself keeps him going and going after failures. Finally, his belief is what makes him such a successful businessman at the end of the day. It always seems that self confidence is very easy to cultivate. Sadly, that is not true. Self confidence to me is like temper. It is easily affected by its environment and peers. For instance, I might be feeling very good when I dressed very nicely and even when I walked, it “comes with wind”. However, the whole self confidence about myself would be destroyed the moment someone made a comment that my clothes sucks! In an instant, the feeling of self confidence might be changed to inferior complexity.
The article I have chosen is not very related to e commerce. However, I feel that the feeling of self confidence is very important to each and everyone, especially the businessmen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home